– More than 30 per cent of journalists do not use social networking sites.
– 52 per cent of journalists don’t use Twitter.
– One-third of journalists do not read blogs.
– More than half don’t watch videos online.
– 75 percent of journalists do not listen to podcasts.
Yet 91 percent “agree that new media and communications tools and technologies are enhancing journalism to some extent.”
Some rather crazy numbers from the Second Annual Middleberg/SNCR Survey of Media in the Wired World, as reported by Tom Forenski.
Note: This is the third survey I’ve come across in as many days that I need to sit down and read. My PDF pile grows tall.